Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Servant looks inside the 10th Chapter of Deuteronomy

A Servant looks inside the 10th Chapter of Deuteronomy

Italicized portions written by Gary Piper

At that same time the Lord said to me, “Carve out for yourself two stone tablets like the first ones and come up the mountain to me; also make for yourself a wooden ark. I will write on the tablets the same words that were on the first tablets you broke, and you must put them into the ark.” So I made an ark of acacia wood and carved out two stone tablets just like the first ones. Then I went up the mountain with the two tablets in my hands. The Lord then wrote on the tablets the same words, the ten commandments, which he had spoken to you at the mountain from the middle of the fire at the time of that assembly, and he gave them to me. Then I turned, went down the mountain, an d placed the tablets into the ark I had made – they are still there, just as the Lord commanded me.

Lord, just as Moses pleaded for his people there have been people who have pleaded on my behalf. Some of them I know however, there are others I do not know. But the one that stands out the most is Jesus. I am sure he thought of me in prayer many times yet but his pleading on the cross is not with words but with his life, for me the most powerful.

According to Moses’ record the stone tablets containing your commandments were stored in the wood ark for safe keeping. Your Holy Spirit has written them on my heart, yet Lord in all honesty I do not want to lock them away but want to put them in the forefront of my day-to-day life for all to see.

I am a Servant because someone took it upon themselves to plead for me. The only way I can repay them is by pleading for others including those w ho have pleaded for me. I that I hope to meet them someday give them a hug and say thank you. For those who have gone on to heaven I know God has already done that for me but I want to do it myself!

I am a Servant!

“During those days the Israelites traveled from Beeroth Bene-Yaaqan to Moserah. There Aaron died and was buried, and his son Eleazar became priest in his place. From there they traveled to Gudgodah, and from Gudgodah to Jotbathah, a place of flowing streams. At that time the Lord set apart the tribe of Levi to carry the ark of the Lord’s covenant, to stand before the Lord to serve him, and to formulate blessings in his name, as they do to this very day. Therefore Levi has no allotment or inheritance among his brothers; the Lord is his inheritance just as the Lord your God told him. As for me, I stayed at the mountain as I did the first time, forty days and nights. The Lord listened to me that time as well and decided not to destroy you. Then he said to me, “Get up, set out leading the people so they may go and possess the land I promised to give to their ancestors.”

Lord, each generation owes is success or failure to the ones before it. I am a Christian and I am Servant because of the generations preceding mine. From them I have inherited my testimony of your love and compassion.

It is my earnest and mighty prayer that I may continue to carry and add to the heritage left me by my forerunners to the next generation, and the next, and the next, and the next, even down to the glorious day when Jesus will once again walk t he earth.

I am an offspring of the greatest migration in the history of the World – the migration spearheaded by Jesus Christ going from obscurity to the Kingdom of God.

I am so thankful for the sacrifices of all the generations of the past because of them…

I am a Servant!

Now, Israel, what does the Lord your God require of you excep t to revere him, to obey all his commandments, to love him, to serve him with all your mind and being, and to keep the Lord’s commandments and statutes that I am giving you today for your own good?

“You are God! I am human! You are the Creator! I am the created! You are the Master! I am the slave. You are the Forgiving One! I am the forg iven! You are Love! I am the loved!

Lord, all I can give you in service to others is what you have given me it is my solemn prayer that what you take from me now and what I give to others is more than what you gave me in the beginning of my Servanthood.

Lord, it is my solemn promise to keep your commands throughout the remain der of my days.

The heavens – indeed the highest heavens – belong to the Lord your God, as does the earth and everything in it. However, only to your ancestors did he show his loving favor, and he chose you, their descendants, from all peoples – as is apparent today. Therefore, cleanse your heart and stop being so stubborn!

Lord, one of the greatest gifts I want to leave with the next generation is the gift of my own humility gained from those times when I struggle with and fall to the temptations I face daily. I know my heart at times can be very stubborn but the greatest lessons of life have been when I have boldly ignored my stubborn heart or when your Spirit has pushed and prodded me beyond it. It is those lessons that the future generations need to know so they can start from where I am and then go on into perfection.

To be a Servant is to leave a legacy, a foundation with which to bring about the kingdom of God on earth while there is yet time. To be a Servant I m ust boldly go where I need to go even if it means the depths of my own stone cold heart.

Lord, as one who has touched your face and as also touched of cold heart of Satan I leave my legacy as a Servant in your ever compassionate and Forgiving Heart. There, Lord I know I am safe. I know I am forgiven. I know I am a Servant of the Most High God!

For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, mighty, and awesome God who is unbia sed and takes no bribe, who justly treats the orphan and widow, and who loves resident foreigners, giving them food and clothing. So you must love the resident foreigner because you were foreigners in the land of Egypt.

Lord, I am reluctant to take my Servanthood beyond the borders of Christianity where I know I am an alien. Yet deep in my heart I know you are no respecter of persons and I know Lord there’s a special place in your heart for those who have yet to hear your story. As your Servant I also know it is my responsibility to take your story to them. To tell your story in ways they will understand, therein lie the purpose of my time spent in the worldly wilderness of lost sheep.

I am a Servant – I speak the language of the lost for I too was lost but now I am found.

I am a Servant. Therefore, I will impart of my worldly blessings to those who stand in need. Lord, help me to know who stands in need and who doesn’t.

Help me to stand tall and validate your concern for all people even those who think of me as the enemy. Lord, help me to never hesitate to stand up and be a witness for you.

I am a Servant, empowered by the God of gods and Lord of lords!

Revere the Lord your God, serve him, be loyal to him and take oaths only in his name. He is the one you should praise; he is your God, the one who has done these great and awesome things for you that you have seen.

I WILL serve!

I WILL praise God!

I WILL strain every fiber of my being to experience my nothingness and God’s awesomeness.

I WILL look to Jesus, the Rock from whom I obtained life to understand the th ings of God I need to understand in order to magnify my Servanthood.

I AM a Servant of the Most High God!

When your ancestors went down to Egypt, they numbered only seventy, but now the Lord your God has made you as numerous as the stars of the sky.

The m ultiplicity of my gifts and talents has come because my God has harvested those from my ancestors looked into my heart and gave me those he knew I would magnify!

Therefore…

I will take those gift and talents and become the best Servant I can become.

With my gifts, talents, and the Holy Spirit, I am an unstoppable Servant of the Most High God!

Deuteronomy 10:1 – 10:22 NET Bible. Scripture quoted by permission. Quotations designated (NET) are from the NET Bible® Copyright © 2003 by Biblical Studies Press, L.L.C. www.netbible.com. All rights reserved
I Thought I'd share this article with everyone Today and above all Thank You for stopping in this site it's about Jesus Christ first and prayers, intecessory prayer's and at other times about this vast world we live in today which this old world as we all know it is slowly departing to be reaching our home in glory. catcmo2006

No comments: