Wednesday, May 09, 2007

DEEDED PROPERTY

DEEDED PROPERTY
Own my heart, O Lord,
Lest it fall in complete disrepair.
Raise your standard over it,
For I know you are more than fair.
Build what you will, O Lord.
The deed I give up to You.
Take it and plant, and seed
And harvest, what You sow.

Be the Master of it all.
Trim away the useless debris.
Circumcise it to your service
As I surrender all of me.

If you find any good there,
Does it merit Your love at all?
For, the years have dimmed my view.
If there was any good, I don't recall.

Has it become a waste land?
Never the worth of your plan,
So I sign it 'deeded' all to you
From the wicked wretch I am.

Somehow, I have left behind
The will to tend it with care.
It seems barren and useless.
There is no hope, just despair.

It has become a desert place
Where nothing good can grow.
It surely needs a better Master
Who can seed it, and plant and sow ...

A better Master
Who can make it bloom again,
Who can till the soil
And give it life within.

Can you make the heart more tender
To accept the refreshing rain
Or has been too much neglected?
Is there no remedy for the time worn stain?

Seems nothing grows but bitterness
Of wasted time and years.
The only refreshing rain it gets
Is from my salty tears.

I sign, this very day, all rights -
The deed to my heart;
Not just a share of it, not half,
But every part.

I hold back naught any thing.
It's all yours if you still want it.
For, this servant has failed you so
And has become unfit.

My strength has gone with my youth.
Only you can make it new.
So, take only what I can give.
This property belongs to you.

You gave this life to me
And now I give it back, today.
Make of it what you will.
Please, Dear Lord, have your own way.



© 2007 by Sandra Griffin
Author of: "God in My Attic"
ISBN: 1594533881

catcmo2006 Would like to "Thank Everyone,"whom either has posted this or had sent posting to me from all of those e-mail address! Some of them I will or have passed on to all readers whom looks at all blog sites that I use. Thank You for allow in this site,group sites, web sites and other prayer sites as well in holding one another up for prayer's being totally united in everyone around this world, it's about Jesus Christ first and prayers,intecessory prayer's and at other times about this vast world we live in today which this old world as we all know it is slowly departing to be reaching our home in glory.

No comments: