Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Jesus Christ Helps Us






7.Yet you made them only a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.[a]
8 You gave them authority over all things.”[b]

Now when it says “all things,” it means nothing is left out. But we have not yet seen all things put under their authority. 9 What we do see is Jesus, who was given a position “a little lower than the angels”; and because he suffered death for us, he is now “crowned with glory and honor.” Yes, by God’s grace, Jesus tasted death for everyone. 10 God, for whom and through whom everything was made, chose to bring many children into glory. And it was only right that he should make Jesus, through his suffering, a perfect leader, fit to bring them into their salvation.

11 So now Jesus and the ones he makes holy have the same Father. That is why Jesus is not ashamed to call them his brothers and sisters.[c] 12 For he said to God,

“I will proclaim your name to my brothers and sisters.
I will praise you among your assembled people.”[d]

13 He also said,

“I will put my trust in him,”
that is, “I and the children God has given me.”[e]

14 Because God’s children are human beings—made of flesh and blood—the Son also became flesh and blood. For only as a human being could he die, and only by dying could he break the power of the devil, who had[f] the power of death. 15 Only in this way could he set free all who have lived their lives as slaves to the fear of dying.

16 We also know that the Son did not come to help angels; he came to help the descendants of Abraham. 17 Therefore, it was necessary for him to be made in every respect like us, his brothers and sisters,[g] so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest before God. Then he could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of the people. 18 Since he himself has gone through suffering and testing, he is able to help us when we are being tested.

[faderul.jpg]
The Big Picture: TEMPTATION

Used in KJV to refer to testing, trying, and enticing to evil. When the KJV was translated in 1611, “temptation” meant all of these, but the word has narrowed in meaning in modern times. Modern translations use “testing,” “proving,” “trying,” and “tempting.” Four distinct uses of the Hebrew (nsh) and Greek (peirazo) words for trying or tempting are:

God tests the loyalty or disloyalty of persons. “God did tempt (nsh) Araham” (Genesis 22:1). God “tested” Abraham's loyalty to God when He told Abraham to sacrifice Isaac. Hebrews 11:17 says: “By faith Abraham, when he was tried, offered up Isaac.” In Deuteronomy 8:2 Moses said: “God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove (nsh) thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.” (Compare Exodus 20:20; Judges 2:22.) Christ also tested the loyalty of persons. Jesus asked Philip a question “to prove (peirazo) him: for he himself knew what he would do (John 6:6).”

Jesus' enemies tried Him to get something to use against him. “The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting (peirazo) desired him that he would show them a sign from heaven” (Matthew 16:1). (Compare Matthew 19:3; Matthew 22:18,Matthew 22:35; Mark 8:11; Mark 10:2; Mark 12:15; Luke 11:16; Luke 20:23; John 8:6.)

Persons are tempted or enticed to sin. James 1:13 says, “Let no man say when he is tempted (peirazo), I am tempted by God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man.” Both the Old Testament and New Testament make it clear that God does not entice persons to sin, but both indicate that God allows human beings to be tempted. (Compare 1 Chronicles 21:1; Matthew 4:1,Matthew 4:3; Mark 1:13; Luke 4:2,Luke 4:13; 1 Corinthians 7:5; 1 Thessalonians 3:5; Revelation 2:10.) These passages refer to the temptation as coming from the “tempter,” “devil,” or “Satan.” In 1 Corinthians 10:13 Paul said: “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” James 1:14 says that “every man is tempted, when he drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.” Persons are thus tempted from without by the tempter or from within themselves. Jesus taught His disciples to pray: “Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil” (Matthew 6:13). Since God does not entice to sin, this is a cry of the soul for help in the midst of temptation.

Persons are not to test God. Jesus quoted Deuteronomy 6:16 when He said: “Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God” (Matthew 4:7). People did put God to the test. (Compare Exodus 17:2,Exodus 17:7; Deuteronomy 6:16; Deuteronomy 9:22; Numbers 14:22; Acts 5:9; Acts 15:10; 1 Corinthians 10:9; Hebrews 3:8-9.) When the apostles and elders from the Jerusalem church came to Antioch and questioned the admission of the Gentiles into the church, Peter said that the Holy Spirit had been given to the Gentiles: “Why tempt ye God?” (Acts 15:6-11).
[faderul.jpg]
[faderul.jpg]

The Bottom Line:

Humble, cautious fear is urged, lest any should come short of the promised rest, through unbelief.

Neither the state in which the church is at present, nor its more completely restored state, when the prince of this world shall be cast out, and the kingdoms of the earth become the kingdom of Christ, is left to the government of the angels: Christ will take to him his great power, and will reign. And what is the moving cause of all the kindness God shows to men in giving Christ for them and to them? it is the grace of God. As a reward of Christ's humiliation in suffering death, he

has unlimited dominion over all things; thus this ancient scripture was fulfilled in him. Thus God has done wonderful things for us in creation and providence, but for these we have made the basest returns. (Heb 2:10-13)[faderul.jpg]

Prayer: Lord Jesus, I commit my life to You totally, spirit, soul, and body. I ask that You bend, break, and mold me into the person that You want me to be. Lord, teach me to trust in You and to live and walk by faith in You and Your Word. I commit to You, Lord, to take accountability and responsibility in my walk with You and Your Word. No more will the enemy’s devices and the deceptions of the old man easily sway me. I purpose to firmly fix my eyes and heart on You, Lord, totally today. I press, push and apprehend all that you have for me today, keeping in the back of my remembrance that the enemy loves a lazy or slothful mind. satan, I come against you and all hosts of hell and I reject everything that you would have for me today. satan, I refuse all snares, pits, and traps that you have set to draw me away from my Lord Jesus Christ. I rebuke you, satan, and all your hosts in the name of Jesus from every assignment you have assigned against me or my family, my property, my health and my finances. Father I ask and believe for Your best in my life today and that Your will and purposes be done in and through me. I also ask that You keep me in Your perfect will and make me a yielded vessel fit for Your work today. I place myself under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress; My God, in Him I will trust", for I chose to dwell in the secret place of the Most High. In Jesus Name, amen. [faderul.jpg] catcmo2006 Thank You for allow in this site,group sites, web sites and other prayer sites as well in holding one another up for prayer's being totally united in everyone around this world, it's about Jesus Christ first and prayers,intecessory prayer's and at other times about this vast world we live in today which this old world as we all know it is slowly departing to be reaching our home in glory.

No comments: